Lemon-Almond Meringue Tart
This delicious and beautiful dessert recipe comes from Matt Lewis of Baked Bakery.
The Martha Stewart Show
Yield Makes eight 4-inch tarts
- Almond Amaretto Tart Shells (http://www.marthastewart.com/258705/almond-amaretto-tart-shells)
- Matt Lewis's Lemon Curd (http://www.marthastewart.com/258706/lemon-curd)
- Amaretto Meringue (http://www.marthastewart.com/258707/amaretto-meringue)
- Crushed amaretto cookies, for serving
- Preheat broiler, if using.
- Remove tart shells from tart pans and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Divide lemon curd evenly between tart shells.
- Using a large ice cream scoop, scoop meringue and place on top of lemon curd, dividing equally. Spread meringue out toward the edges of each tart. Place tarts under broiler until meringue is just browned. Alternatively, use a kitchen torch to brown the tops of each tart.
- Sprinkle crushed cookies over the top of each tart. These are best when served within 24 hours.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.