- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Heat butter over medium heat in a medium-size saucepan. Add onion, and sauté until pale golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add rice, and stir to coat.
- Add 3 cups water, and bring to a boil. Add salt and pepper. Cover, and reduce to a simmer. Cook until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is al dente, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Fluff with a fork, and stir in chopped parsley.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.