Roasted Asparagus with Capers and Lemon
Roasted asparagus gets a boost from capers, lemon juice, and a sprinkling of red-pepper flakes. We used Frankies Spuntino olive oil.
Martha Stewart Living, June 2010
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed (about 2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup salt-packed capers, rinsed well, soaked, and drained
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- Garnish: lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Arrange asparagus and capers evenly on 2 rimmed baking sheets. Drizzle with oil, turning asparagus to coat. Season with salt, and sprinkle with red-pepper flakes. Roast, shaking sheets once, until asparagus is crisp-tender and golden at the tips, 12 to 16 minutes. Let cool slightly. Serve warm or at room temperature. Garnish with lemon wedges.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.