Steamed Sesame Spinach
Steamed sesame spinach makes an ideal side dish to nearly any meal.
The Martha Stewart Show, May Spring 2007
- 1 1/2 pounds spinach leaves, washed and trimmed
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Fill a large pot fitted with a steamer basket with 1-inch of water; bring to a boil over high heat. Add half of the spinach, cover, and steam until just wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Using tongs, remove spinach from steamer, squeezing gently to remove excess moisture, and transfer to a serving platter. Repeat process with remaining spinach; season with salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, sesame oil, and soy sauce until combined. Drizzle dressing over warm spinach and sprinkle with sesame seeds; serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.