Panini with Mortadella, Pickled Red Onion, and Aged Provolone
This delicicous panini recipe is courtsey of Scott Conant's "Bold Italian."
The Martha Stewart Show, July Summer 2007
- 3 slices mortadella
- 2 slices ciabatta (2 inches thick), halved widthwise
- 1/2 tablespoon Pickled Red Onions (http://www.marthastewart.com/255254/pickled-red-onions)
- 1 to 2 slices aged Provolone cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat a panini grill to hot or a grill pan to medium.
- Place slices of mortadella on one of the slices of ciabatta. Add onions and cheese; top with remaining slice of ciabatta.
- Brush top and bottom of the sandwich with olive oil. Place in panini grill and press until bread is crisp and brown, and cheese has melted slightly, 9 to 10 minutes. If using a grill pan, press sandwich down with a heavy pan set on top of the sandwich, cooking, turning once, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Cut sandwich in half and serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.