This tangy sorbet is an irresistible treat. For an additional touch of pink, try serving it with Pink Tuile Cookies.
The Martha Stewart Show
Yield Makes about 1 quart
- 8 cups fresh or frozen rhubarb, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 vanilla bean, scraped
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 pints fresh raspberries
- Combine rhubarb, sugar, vanilla bean seeds, and 1/2 cup water in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer until rhubarb has broken down and mixture is thick and syrupy, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer rhubarb mixture to the jar of a blender along with raspberries and lemon juice; blend until smooth. Set a fine mesh sieve over a large container. Strain rhubarb mixture into container; cover and transfer to refrigerator until chilled.
- Freeze rhubarb mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Keep frozen, in an airtight container, up to 1 week.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.