The punch can be transported to the party in a large thermos or in several containers placed in a cooler until ready to serve, if necessary.
Martha Stewart Kids, Spring
- Yield Makes 1 1/2 Gallons
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 cups coarsely chopped strawberries
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pineapple
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 quarts seltzer water
- Make a simple syrup: Combine the water and sugar in a large saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside until syrup is completely cool.
- Transfer syrup to a large container. Add strawberries, pineapple, pineapple juice, orange juice, and lemon juice; gently stir to combine. Fill two ice-cube trays with punch, and place in freezer. Place remaining punch in refrigerator to chill.
- When ready to serve, remove punch from refrigerator; add the seltzer water and frozen-punch ice cubes. If transporting, add the seltzer just before serving. Serve in a large bowl or individual glasses.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.