Martha Stewart Living, June 2004
- 2 cups dried quinoa
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1/3 cup currants
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse quinoa under cold water, until water runs clear. Transfer to a saucepan; add salt and 2 1/4 cups water. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce to a simmer, and cook until water is completely absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine currants and 1/2 cup water. Let stand for 15 minutes. Drain well; set aside.
- When quinoa is cooked, transfer to a medium bowl. Add oil, vinegar, and orange juice. Toss to combine. Refrigerate until cold, about 45 minutes.
- Stir in onion, parsley, and reserved currants. Season with pepper. Serve cold, or at room temperature.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.