Herbed Pasta Salad
Everyday Food, July/August 2006
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 8
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds orecchiette, or other short pasta
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente according to package instructions. Drain and rinse pasta under cold water; leave in colander and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat oil and garlic over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until garlic is fragrant and sizzling, about 1 minute. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes.
- Pour garlic oil through a sieve into a large bowl; discard garlic. Add pasta and herbs to oil. Season generously with salt and pepper; toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve, chilled or at room temperature.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.