Flourless Peanut-Chocolate Cookies
Everyday Food, March 2005
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Yield Makes 24
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup roasted salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. In a large bowl, stir together 1 cup creamy peanut butter, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 large egg (lightly beaten), 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon salt until well combined. Stir in 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips and 1/2 cup roasted salted peanuts.
- With moistened hands, roll dough, about 1 heaping tablespoon at a time, into balls. Place 2 inches apart on two baking sheets.
- Bake until cookies are golden and puffed, 12 to 14 minutes, rotating sheets from top to bottom and front to back halfway through. Cool 5 minutes on sheets; transfer cookies to racks to cool completely.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.