Creamed Scallions on Pasta
This recipe is for a side dish, which can accompany meat or chicken.
Everyday Food, May 2005
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Serves 4
- 4 bunches scallions, sliced crosswise 3/4 inch thick (about 5 cups)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti
- In a large skillet, combine scallions, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 1/2 cup water; cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until scallions wilt and pan is almost dry, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add cream; stir to coat. Cover; reduce heat to low, and cook at a bare simmer (cream will separate if boiled), stirring occasionally, until scallions are tender, 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, according to package instructions. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water; drain pasta, and return to pot.
- Toss pasta with warm sauce and reserved pasta water; season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.