Serve this ramp crostino, courtesy of chef Mario Batali, with his delicious Spring Onion and Pea Soup.
The Martha Stewart Show, April Spring 2009
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 fresh ramps, trimmed and large leaved removed
- 4 slices country-style bread
- Preheat a grill pan or grill over high heat. Brush grill with olive oil and add ramps. Cook, turning once, until char marks appear, about 1 minute. Remove from grill and coarsely chop.
- Place bread on grill pan. Cook, turning once, until toasted on each side, 1 to 2 minutes. Top bread with ramps and serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.