Honey Rice Pudding
Pure maple syrup can be substituted for the honey for an equally sweet dessert.
Martha Stewart Living, April 2010
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Serves 4
- 3 3/4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup short-grain rice, such as Arborio
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons honey, plus more for drizzling
- Bring 3 1/2 cups milk, the rice, sugar, vanilla, and salt to a
boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring
often, until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed,
20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup milk and the honey. Let stand for 5 minutes. Divide among parfait glasses or bowls, and drizzle with honey.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.