Buttermilk and Herb Marinated Chicken
Buttermilk lends moist tenderness to lean meat; rosemary adds herby depth. Serve with Tomato Bread Salad with Olives and Mint.
Everyday Food, July 2008
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 50 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, (6 to 8 ounces each)
- Vegetable oil, for grates
- In a large bowl, combine buttermilk, rosemary, 1 teaspoon salt, and teaspoon pepper. Add chicken to marinade, turning to coat. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes (or refrigerate, up to overnight).
- Heat grill to medium; lightly oil grates. Lift chicken from marinade, shaking off excess; discard marinade. Grill until an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of chicken registers 165 degrees, 5 to 8 minutes per side. Remove from grill. Tent loosely with aluminum foil; let rest 5 minutes before serving.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.