Bagna Cauda Panini
This delicious panini recipe is courtesy of Sean Rembold from Brooklyn's Marlow and Sons.
The Martha Stewart Show, March 2009
- 2 (7 1/2-by-3-inch) pieces focaccia, halved horizontally
- 11 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 to 8 oil-packed anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh thinly sliced chives
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 to 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- Radishes, quartered, for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix together butter, anchovies, lemon juice, zest, parsley, and chives until well combined; season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a panini press. Spread butter mixture evenly over the four cut sides of focaccia; top with cheese. Sandwich bread slices together and transfer to panini press. Press until cheese is melted, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove sandwiches from press and cut each into quarters. Serve immediately with radishes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.