Warm Tomato Dressing
Substantial and simple, this dressing does wonders for vegetables and quick-cooking weeknight staples like chicken breasts, as well as hearty grains.
Martha Stewart Living, March 2009
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 ounces (1-pint container) grape or cherry tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2/3 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red-wine vinegar
- Heat oil in a medium skillet on medium heat. Add tomatoes, and cook, swirling pan often, until skins are blistered, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, red wine, and balsamic vinegar, and cook until liquid reduces by half and tomatoes are soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in sugar, salt, and red-wine vinegar, and cook for 1 minute. Serve immediately, or cover, and refrigerate for up to 2 days. (Warm over low heat before using.)
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.