Chicken with Curried Spinach Salad
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- 2 shallots, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, thinly sliced
- Place chicken in a shallow 2-quart microwave-safe dish with a lid; season with salt and pepper. Cover, and microwave on high until opaque throughout, 10 to 12 minutes, turning chicken halfway through. Let cool briefly; slice crosswise.
- In a serving bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, Dijon, honey, and curry powder; season with salt and pepper. Add spinach, shallots, and apricots, and toss.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.