Edible Chocolate Marshmallow Dreidels
I made it out of... marshmallows. For an easy spin on the Hanukkah top, whip up these fun, kid-friendly treats. Marshmallows form the dreidels' bodies, chocolate kisses serve as the tips, and pretzel sticks act as the knobs. A quick dip in melted chocolate provides a surface for piping white-chocolate Hebrew letters.
Martha Stewart Living, December 2009
- 12 chocolate kisses
- 8 ounces melted semisweet chocolate
- 12 marshmallows
- 12 thin pretzel sticks
- 2 ounces melted white chocolate
- Dip bottom of chocolate kiss in melted semisweet chocolate. Press onto marshmallow; transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat to make 12 dreidels. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Cut a small slit in bottom of each marshmallow; insert 1 thin pretzel stick. Dip dreidels in chocolate, and return to baking sheet. Refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes.
- Fill a resealable plastic bag with melted white chocolate; cut a tiny opening in a corner, and pipe Hebrew letters onto 3 sides of each dreidel. Refrigerate at least 5 minutes or up to 8 hours before serving.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.