Beer Drinker's Pizza Dough
Courtesy of Santo Bruno, this recipe for Pizza Dough makes a delicious base for a Beer Drinker's Perfect Pizza.
The Martha Stewart Show, November Fall 2005
Yield Makes enough for four 12-inch pizzas
- 1 cup warm (110 degrees to 120 degrees) beer
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh yeast
- 2 3/4 to 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, whisk to combine beer, 2 tablespoons olive oil, sugar, salt, and yeast. Fit bowl on electric mixer fitted with a dough hook, mix until incorporated, 1 to 2 minutes. Slowly add flour, and mix until dough is fairly stiff, about 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured work surface, knead dough until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Brush the inside of a large bowl with remaining tablespoon olive oil; transfer dough to bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover bowl with plastic wrap, and leave in a warm place until dough has doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Punch down dough, and transfer to a clean surface. Using a bench scraper or sharp knife, divide dough into quarters; keep covered with plastic wrap.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.