This cherry julep recipe is courtesy of MSNBC host Rachel Maddow and is made using cherries, a PUG Muddler, a Swing-A-Way ice crusher, a Tap Icer, and a Vita-Mix blender.
The Martha Stewart Show, February Winter 2009
- 3 maraschino cherries, preferably French cherries in Kirsch brandy
- 1 teaspoon maraschino cherry juice, preferably from French cherries in Kirsch brandy
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 1/2 ounces gin
- 1 ounce sloe gin, preferably Plymouth
- 1 ounce cherry brandy, preferably cherry Heering
- Ice cubes
- Cracked ice
- 1/2 lemon slice, for garnish
- In a mixing glass, muddle together cherries, cherry juice, sugar, and lemon juice. Add gin, sloe gin, and cherry brandy. Add ice cubes and stir, at least 30 seconds, to combine. Fill a rocks glass with cracked ice; strain cocktail over cracked ice. Top with seltzer and garnish with lemon slice. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.