Chocolate-Caramel Pecan Clusters
Martha Stewart Living, March Spring 2004
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
- Yield Makes 1 dozen
- 1 cup pecan halves (3 1/4 ounces)
- 12 soft caramel-candy cubes
- 1 1/2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, broken into 12 pieces (1/2 inch each)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange pecans in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet; toast in oven until fragrant, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven (leave oven on); set aside 36 pecans on baking sheet. Finely chop remaining pecans (for about 1/4 cup); set aside.
- When pecans are cool enough to handle, make 12 clusters by arranging 2 pecans vertically, side by side, below 1 pecan placed horizontally. Gently flatten each caramel; place 1 on top of each cluster. Bake clusters 5 minutes. Remove from oven (leave oven on).
- Place 1 piece of chocolate on top of each cluster. Return to oven; bake until chocolate begins to melt, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from oven.With the back of a spoon, gently spread chocolate over caramel without completely covering it.
- Sprinkle clusters with reserved chopped pecans. Refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes. Bring to room temperature before serving.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.