Everyday Food, July/August 2009
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 50 minutes, plus cooling
- Yield Makes 8 servings
- All-purpose flour, for work surface
- 1 sheet puff pastry (1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package)
- 3 cups blackberries (12 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out pastry to a 10-by-12-inch rectangle. With a sharp knife, trim edges and cut pastry into eight 3-by-5-inch pieces. Place pastry on a large baking sheet and refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer sheet to oven and bake until pastry is puffed and golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool, then split each pastry horizontally.
- In a bowl, mash blackberries and sugar with a fork until juicy but still chunky. Spread mascarpone on pastry bottoms. Top with blackberry mixture and pastry tops.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.