Pasta Salad with Feta and Snow Peas
Serve the pasta salad for lunch or a light dinner. It can be made up to one day ahead; keep covered in the refrigerator, and add the scallions and cilantro just before serving.
Everyday Food, July/August 2005
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Yield Serves 6
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound fusilli, or other short pasta
- 4 ounces snow peas, strings removed, sliced diagonally into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook fusilli until al dente, according to package instructions; add snow peas during last minute of cooking. Drain pasta and peas in a colander; rinse under cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta and peas, bell pepper, scallions, cilantro, feta, oil, vinegars, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss to combine. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.