Orzo with Mint and Peas
Orzo is a Greek pasta shaped like grains of rice.
Martha Stewart Living, April 2001
- 1 cup orzo
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot (about 2 tablespoons), minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 pound fresh peas, shelled, or 2 cups frozen peas
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; salt water, and add orzo. Cook orzo according to package directions until al dente; drain, and set aside. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot and lemon zest, and saute until translucent.
- Add peas, and cook until bright green and tender, adding a little water if shallots brown before peas are tender.
- Add cooked orzo, season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Remove from heat, and stir in mint. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.