Chocolate-Orange Hazelnut Bark
The slight bitterness of orange zest and a sprinkling of salt round out the richness of the chocolate and hazelnuts.
Everyday Food, November 2006
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
- Yield Makes 8 servings
- 1 navel orange
- 8 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup hazelnuts, skins removed, coarsely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- Line a small (9-by-13-inch) baking sheet with aluminum foil; refrigerate. With a vegetable peeler, remove zest from half the orange. With a sharp knife, cut zest into very thin strips, each about an inch long.
- Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over (not in) a pan of simmering water. Stir until melted and completely smooth. Mix in half the zest and hazelnuts. Immediately, pour onto prepared baking sheet; with a flexible rubber spatula, spread into an 8-by-10 inch rectangle about 1/4-inch thick. (To help spread chocolate, tip baking sheet up and down.) Sprinkle with remaining zest, nuts, and coarse salt.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes. To serve, break into pieces. To store, transfer to an airtight container, and refrigerate, up to 3 days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.