- 1/4 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 20 wonton wrappers (from a 12-ounce package)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Soy-Ginger Dipping Sauce (http://www.marthastewart.com/260509/soy-ginger-dipping-sauce)
- In a bowl, combine pork, chives, soy sauce, sherry, ginger, sesame oil, cornstarch, and 1 tablespoon water.
- Place a heaping teaspoon of pork mixture in center of a wonton wrapper. Lightly wet edge of wrapper, fold over, and press to seal. Repeat to form remaining dumplings (makes 20).
- In two batches, cook dumplings in a large pot of boiling water until cooked through, 4 minutes; transfer to a plate with a slotted spoon. In a large nonstick pan, heat vegetable oil over medium-high. In two batches, cook until browned, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Serve with dipping sauce.
Freeze raw dumplings on a baking sheet, then store in bags, up to 3 months. Cook from frozen.