Spiced Chickpea and Zucchini Saute
Everyday Food, October 2003
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cans (15 1/2 ounces each) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, 5 to 8 minutes. Add garlic, coriander, and cumin; cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, chickpeas, zucchini, and 1/2 cup water; season with salt and pepper.
- Cover skillet; simmer mixture over medium-high heat, stirring, until zucchini is tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, as desired, and serve.
For even more flavor, sprinkle the saute with chopped cilantro, and garnish with lime wedges just before serving.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.