Sweet-Potato Bourbon Bundt Cake
This recipe for sweet-potato bourbon bundt cake is from "Bundt Classics" by Dorothy Dalquist.
The Martha Stewart Show, November Fall 2006
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened, plus more for pan
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup bourbon or apple juice
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Nonstick cooking spray with flour
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Bourbon Syrup (http://www.marthastewart.com/257884/bourbon-syrup)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together brown sugar, butter, and eggs until very light and fluffy. Add sweet potato and vanilla; beat to combine. Add flour, milk, bourbon, baking powder, pie spice, and salt; mix until just incorporated. Lightly spray a 10 or 12 cup Bundt pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle bottom and up sides of the pan with pecans. Pour in cake batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack. Brush cake with bourbon syrup. Serve cake slices with any remaining syrup.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.