Pickled Zucchini and Onions
Everyday Food, July/August Summer 2004
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 3/4 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 3 dried bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 pounds thinly sliced zucchini
- 2 small halved and thinly sliced onions
- In a large saucepan, combine 2 cups cider vinegar, 1 3/4 cups packed light-brown sugar, 3 dried bay leaves, 1 tablespoon coarse salt, and 1 teaspoon dried oregano. Cook over high heat until sugar is dissolved, about 3minutes.
- Pour mixture over 2 pounds thinly sliced zucchini and 2 small halved and thinly sliced onions. Let cool completely; refrigerate in an airtight container at least 3 hours.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.