Olive Tapenade and Goat Cheese Crostini
Tapenade is a mixture of chopped green or black olives, salt, and olive oil, often sold in jars. To make your own, chop pitted olives, and add salt and olive oil to bind the mixture.
Holiday Party Foods 2003, Special Issue 2003
- 3/4 cup green- or black-olive tapenade
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme, leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
- 5 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts, (1 1/4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 5 ounces soft goat cheese
- Crostini (http://www.marthastewart.com/285519/crostini)
- In a small bowl, combine tapenade, thyme leaves, walnuts, and currants. Spread 1 to 2 teaspoons goat cheese onto each crostini. Place 1 to 2 teaspoons olive mixture on top, and garnish each with thyme tips. Serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.