Individual Chocolate "Panna Cottas"
Slimmed down: These creamy gelatins are made with reduced-fat cream cheese and skim milk-in place of the traditional heavy cream-but with a bit of semisweet chocolate, they still taste decadent.
Everyday Food, January 2007
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 2 hours 20 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free (skim) milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 3 ounces reduced-fat bar cream cheese, room temperature
- pinch salt
- reduced-fat sour cream, for serving (optional)
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup cold milk. Let stand until gelatin softens, about 5 minutes. Cook over low, stirring until gelatin has dissolved (it will feel smooth when rubbed between fingers), about 3 minutes. Add sugar; stir until dissolved. Add remaining cup of milk; cook over low until warm (do not boil), about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl; heat on high in 20-second increments, stirring between each, until melted. Add cream cheese to chocolate; using a rubber spatula, stir until uniform in color. Pour cup gelatin mixture into chocolate mixture; stir until smooth. Gradually add remaining gelatin mixture, then salt, stirring until smooth. Divide among four small glasses; refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours. Serve topped with sour cream, if desired.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.