Creamy Cauliflower Puree
This creamy puree comes from Hosea Rosenberg, winner of Bravo's "Top Chef" and executive chef at Jax Fish House Boulder
The Martha Stewart Show, November 2009
- 5 pounds cauliflower, broken into very small florets
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Coarse salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Melt butter in a large, wide saucepan over medium-low heat. Add cauliflower and cook, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Add cream, 1/4 cup water, and season with freshly grated nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer; cover and reduce heat to low. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Working in batches, transfer cauliflower mixture to the jar of a blender or bowl of a food processor; blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.