Shrimp Piri Piri
This shrimp piri piri, courtesy of Marcus Samuelsson, is a wonderful appetizer and can be found in Marcus's cookbook, "The Soul of New Cuisine."
The Martha Stewart Show, May Spring 2008
- 12 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons Piri Piri (http://www.marthastewart.com/257649/piri-piri)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 lime, quartered
- 12 Bibb lettuce leaves
- Toss shrimp and 1/2 cup piri piri in a large bowl until well combined. Let marinate 20 minutes in refrigerator.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook until opaque throughout, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer shrimp to a plate, sprinkle with salt, and squeeze lime over shrimp.
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon remaining piri piri sauce on each lettuce leaf. Top with a shrimp and fold over bottom and sides to form a wrap. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.