Omelet Burrito with Jack Cheese and Tomato Salsa
Grate the cheese as finely as possible so it melts quickly.
Martha Stewart Living, April 1997
- 1 tablespoon <u>Clarified Butter</u>
- 3 large eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup tomato salsa
- Several sprigs cilantro
- 1 12-inch flour tortilla
- Avocado slices, optional
- Heat butter in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Whisk eggs, and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour into pan; cook, whisking constantly and shaking pan vigorously until eggs begin to set but are still quite loose. Stop whisking; continue to cook until almost completely set, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, depending on desired consistency. Sprinkle cheese over eggs; spoon salsa down center of eggs. Reduce heat; let stand until cheese is completely melted. Scatter cilantro over filling.
- Slide omelet out of pan, centering it over tortilla. Roll up tortilla, burrito style, and serve with avocado slices on the side.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.