There's no better way to dress garden greens than with a homemade vinaigrette. This simple recipe comes from culinary trailblazer Alice Waters, and it appears in her book, "In the Green Kitchen."
The Martha Stewart Show, May 2010
- 1 small clove garlic
- Coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Place garlic clove in a mortar, along with two large pinches of salt. Using a pestle, grind into a smooth puree. Add vinegar and season with pepper; let stand for 3 minutes.
- Whisk in olive oil until an emulsion is formed; season with salt and pepper as needed.
- To dress a salad, add about 3/4 of vinaigrette to salad and toss until lightly coated; add more dressing, if necessary.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.