Jimmy's Adobo Chicken
This recipe is brought to us by Jimmy Rodriguez, owner of three New York City restaurants, including Jimmy's Bronx Cafe.
Martha Stewart Living Television
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, preferably with wings attached
- Jimmy's Cachapas (http://www.marthastewart.com/256102/jimmys-cachapas)
- Jimmy's Succotash (http://www.marthastewart.com/256103/jimmys-succotash)
- Jimmy's Chimichurri Sauce (http://www.marthastewart.com/256104/jimmys-chimichurri-sauce)
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and olive oil. Place chicken in a shallow baking dish and rub with marinade. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove chicken from refrigerator. Heat a large ovenproof saute pan over medium heat. Add chicken and saute, skin-side down, until golden brown, about 1 minute. Transfer to oven, skin-side down, and bake 6 to 7 minutes. Turn and cook for 5 to 6 minutes more.
- Place a warm cachapa in the center of a large bowl. Spoon a little succotash over. Top with a piece of chicken, and drizzle with chimichurri sauce. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.