Crunchy Sesame Chicken Wings
Elevate game day with this refined wings recipe, from "Mad Hungry," by Lucinda Scala Quinn.
Mad Hungry, September 2010
- 20 chicken wings
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Hot sauce, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place the chicken wings in a large bowl. Add the eggs and toss to coat. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with baking parchment or coat the pan with oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the sesame seeds, flour, salt, cayenne, bread crumbs, and garlic. Dip each wing into the sesame mixture to fully coat. Place the coated wings side by side on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes and increase the temperature to 400 degrees. Cook until the wings are golden brown and sizzling, 20 to 30 more minutes. Immediately remove the wings from the baking sheet while hot. Serve with hot sauce.
To fit more wings on a baking sheet, try cutting the tips off and cooking them separately to snack on. Wings can also be separated in 2 for smaller portions, detaching the drumette at the joint.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.