Rich Roasted Potatoes
Martha Stewart Living, December 2006
- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 cups homemade or low-sodium store-bought chicken stock
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup pan juices from Tuscan-Roast Turkey Breast (http://www.marthastewart.com/256164/tuscan-roast-turkey-breast), or butter or olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Bring potatoes, stock, 2 cups water, the thyme, and garlic to a low boil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook until potatoes are tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Put pan juices into a roasting pan; heat in oven 10 minutes. Drain potatoes; pat dry. Add potatoes to pan, and cook, turning halfway through, until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.