Carrots with Ginger and Honey
Larger carrots cut into pieces can be substituted for the baby carrots.
Martha Stewart Living, November 1994
- 6 bunches (about 2 pounds) baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 two-inch pieces fresh ginger, peeled and julienned
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Trim stems of carrots to 1/2 inch. Peel carrots, and wash stem area.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Salt water, add carrots, and reduce heat. Simmer until carrots are almost tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove carrots from heat, and drain. (Carrots can be prepared earlier in the day to this point.)
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger, and saute, stirring, until transparent, about 2 minutes. Add carrots and honey, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until carrots are glazed. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.