Steamed Zucchini With Scallions
Everyday Food, December 2003
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 medium zucchinis, (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut diagonally into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons scallions, thinly sliced
- Fill a large skillet with just enough water to cover bottom (about 1/4 cup). Add 1/4 teaspoon salt; bring to a simmer. Add zucchini. Cook, covered, until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain in a colander, and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Drizzle zucchini with oil; sprinkle with scallions. Season with salt and pepper; toss to combine.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.