Tender Bean Salad with Proscuitto, Roasted Tomatoes, and Parmesan
This great bean salad recipe is courtesy of Govind Armstrong and can be found in his new cookbook, "Small Bites Big Nights."
The Martha Stewart Show, September Summer 2007
- 1 pound haricots verts, trimmed
- 16 thin slices proscuitto
- 3 cloves Govind Amstrong's Roasted Garlic (http://www.marthastewart.com/254817/roasted-garlic)
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bunches frisee, white veins removed
- 8 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves torn
- 2 small sprigs fresh basil, leaves torn
- 3/4 cup Roasted Tomatoes (http://www.marthastewart.com/256972/roasted-tomatoes), cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Prepare an ice-water bath. Add haricots verts and cook until tender-crisp. Drain and immediately transfer to ice-water bath until cool. Drain and place in a refrigerator until chilled.
- Place 4 slices proscuitto on a parchment-lined baking sheet; bake until just crisp, 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor or in a mortar and pestle mash together roasted garlic and mustard. Transfer to a small bowl and whisk in sherry and red-wine vinegars until smooth. Slowly whisk in olive oil; season with salt and pepper and set vinaigrette aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss together frisee, parsley, basil, and haricot verts. Drizzle with enough vinaigrette to coat.
- Lay 8 of the remaining slices of proscuitto on a flat surface. Cut remaining 4 slices in half lengthwise, and slightly overlap each slice over the 8 whole slices to increase their width. Divide the salad into 8 equal portions and place each portion in the center of one end of each piece of proscuitto, allowing at least 1 inch of the salad mixture to protrude from each of the short ends. Gently and tightly roll the proscuitto so that it fully encloses the salad.
- Slice each proscuitto roll into thirds and serve with crisped proscuitto, roasted tomatoes, and Parmesan.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.