This spread can be covered and refrigerated for about 1 week. Bring to room temperature before serving with homemade crostini or store-bought crackers.
Everyday Food, December 2004
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
Yield Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 2 cups pitted brine-cured black olives
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons rinsed capers
- 2 anchovy fillets, optional
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a food processor, combine black olives (such as Kalamata), parsley leaves, rinsed capers, and anchovy fillets (optional) with lemon zest and juice; process until finely chopped.
- With the motor running, add olive oil; process until a paste forms.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.