Sesame Dipping Sauce
Serve this sesame dipping sauce with savory Beef Shabu-Shabu, a classic recipe from Tadashi Ono and Harris Salat's "Japanese Hot Pots" cookbook.
The Martha Stewart Show, January 2010
- 1/2 cup toasted white sesame seeds
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons Dashi (http://www.marthastewart.com/257553/dashi-recipe)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in the jar of a blender; pulse until well combined. Divide evenly between 4 small bowls before serving.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.