Pate Sucree for Tartlets
Yield Makes 10 tarts (3 1/2 inches each)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup chilled (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut in pieces
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- Place flour and sugar in the bowl of a food processor, and process for a few seconds to combine. Add butter, and process until the mixture resembles coarse meal, about 10 seconds. With the machine running, add the ice water through the feed tube in a slow, steady stream, then egg yolks, processing just until the dough holds together. Do not process for more than 30 seconds.
- Turn the dough out onto a work surface. Place on a sheet of plastic wrap. Flatten, and form into a disc. Wrap, and refrigerate at least 1 hour before using.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.