Christmas Vol. 5 2001
- 8 ounces (2 cups) pecans
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 3 large onions, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 6 stalks celery, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- Skillet Cornbread (http://www.marthastewart.com/281150/skillet-cornbread)
- 1 loaf day-old white bread, crust on, cut into 1-inch cubes (10 heaping cups)
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (1 large bunch)
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Bell’s Seasoning
- 1 quart chicken stock, preferably homemade, or low-sodium canned chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread pecans in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet; toast in oven until golden and fragrant, 8 to 12 minutes, tossing occasionally. Let cool, then roughly chop; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add onions and celery; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent, about 10 minutes. Add oregano; stir to combine.ne.
- Transfer onion mixture to a large bowl. Add pecans, cornbread, bread cubes, eggs, cranberries, parsley, salt, black pepper, cayenne, Seasoning, and stock, mix to combine. Cook stuffing in a turkey or baking dish. If using a baking dish, generously coat dish with butter, fill with stuffing, and dot stuffing with additional butter. Cover with parchment paper-lined aluminum foil, and bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 20 minutes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.