Mediterranean Chopped Salad
Everyday Food, March 2009
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped oil-packed roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 orange bell pepper (ribs and seeds removed), cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, and mustard; season with salt and pepper. Divide dressing between 2 small airtight containers. Divide lettuce, roasted peppers, almonds, chickpeas, and bell pepper between 2 medium airtight containers. Refrigerate, up to overnight. To serve, pour dressing over salad, seal, and shake to combine.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.