Cherry tomatoes add a tangy flavor when stirred into creamy Arborio rice; we cut one in a cute flower-shaped garnish.
Martha Stewart Kids, Late Summer
- 3 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups arborio or carnaroli rice
- 1 small carrot, finely shredded
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring broth to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat. Reduce heat to low; keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add rice, and cook, stirring to coat, until fragrant and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup warm broth; cook, stirring, until almost all liquid has been absorbed. Repeat until all broth has been added.
- With last addition of broth, stir in carrot and tomatoes. Cook, breaking up tomatoes with the back of a spoon, until almost all liquid is absorbed, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in butter. Remove pan from heat; top risotto with cheese.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.