Open-Faced Egg and Tomato Sandwich
Everyday Food, September 2008
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Serves 2
- 1 whole-wheat English muffin, split and toasted
- 2 thick slices tomato
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, such as safflower
- 2 large eggs
- 2 thin slices cheddar (1 ounce total)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Top each muffin half with tomato; set aside. In a small nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-low. Gently crack eggs into skillet; cook until whites are almost set, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Top each egg with a slice of cheese; cover skillet for 1 minute. Slide one egg onto each muffin; season with salt and pepper.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.