Try a healthier version of an omelet (with less egg and more Swiss chard), a specialty of Nice, using this recipe from chef Alain Allegretti of Allegretti restaurant. Serve with his Fennel Salad with Blood Oranges, if desired.
The Martha Stewart Show, March 2010
- 8 large eggs
- 8 cups thinly sliced Swiss chard leaves
- 1 1/3 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/4 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs. Add chard, cheese, 1/4 cup olive oil, salt, and cayenne pepper; season with black pepper, and stir to combine.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add egg mixture and reduce heat to low. Cover and let cook until eggs are set, 10 to 12 minutes. Holding the lid tightly to cover skillet, invert and turn trouchia onto lid. Gently slide trouchia into pan and cook until bottom is golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cut trouchia into wedges and serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.