Jane's Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallow Topping
Each year Martha's friend Jane Heller makes her distinctive Easter dinner of Smithfield ham baked with pineapple rings and cherries, sweet potatoes with marshmallow topping, and her famous cherry Jell-O mold.
- 2 forty-ounce cans sweet potatoes in heavy syrup, drained
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 twenty-ounce can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 package of large marshmallows, (10-ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place sweet potatoes, butter, pineapple, and maple syrup in a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish. Combine well, using a potato masher. Place in oven, and bake until bubbling, about 45 minutes. Top with marshmallows, and continue to bake until marshmallows are soft but not completely melted, about 15 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.